Monday, December 31, 2012

Before Christmas, There Was A Giving of Thanks...


2012 is coming to a close today.  We are homebound.  A second child has the stomach bug that won't die so we are staying in on this semi-sunny shivering December day.  The last day of the year.  I'm disinfecting doorknobs hoping to ring the near year in with health and a happy home.


 Whether that happens or not, 2012 was very good to us and I see no reason why 2013 will be any less than the same.


In fact, I have a sneaking suspicion she'll outdo the two-oh-one-two!


But, here, now, at the kitchen table, I pause in my sanitation frenzy to also give pause and pay respects to the year [still] at hand.  


I'm dubbing 2012 the "year of blossoming friendships".


For many did...blossom.  And we are the better for it.  Blessed with generous and jovial people in our life, we feel anything is possible


And everything is more enjoyable.


Especially eating. 





There is something about breaking bread together again and again that takes friendship into another realm.


We like to call it...family.  Happy Thanksgiving, 2012!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, I am touched! This warms my heart on this cold, last day of December. We feel so very blessed to have friends as dear to us as family. Here is to 2013! Whoop Whoop!

Becky said...

I've missed your blogging! Glad you're back, for now. ;) Happy Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year.

The Original Mangums said...

Wonderful pictures of a great party, yummy food, superior friends - that a lot to be thankful for. Thanks for posting again, I keep checking! Love you 6 NC Mangums - see you very soon!

Tasha said...

You are so very right. You always set such a beautiful table. Happy New Year to you! My kids have the same stomach bug. Perhaps, I should disinfect my computer?

Kurt Knudsen said...

Beautiful! Miss sitting at that long table.

Rebecca said...

It is what it is all about and you express it perfectly! Love the photos.