Saturday, July 14, 2012

I Have a Nine-Year-Old Boy


Seth turned nine during one of the hottest weeks in June.  In fact, June was unusually mild this year.  But I was determined to have this celebration outdoors per his request.  Much to the sweaty dismay of the party goers.


I'm not sure how it started, but I think it was Seth who started it, but most birthdays at our house are marked with a pinata front and center.  Lucy helped me find and fill this rainbow bull for Seth's fete.



I love being the woman in Seth's life.  I love his sensitivity.  I love his strength and determination in sticky situations.  




Speaking of sticky, we came in for les cadeaus and cake.  Seth was specific in his special day specifications.  He wanted only a few friends and was lucky enough to get his Nana and Papa for the day.


"I want broccoli soup, grilled flank steak, fruit salad, dinner rolls, and a vanilla Costco cake with sparkler candles."


And of course, as my only son...


His wish was granted.


1 comment:

Tasha said...

He looks so grown up! I love his dinner request! It is so amazing watching these littles become middles :)