Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cicada Cottage: Indoors Edtion


The high (in the 80s) temperatures this week have me slipping on sandals and savoring Spring because summer will creep up on us early this year.  We moved to North Carolina on July 1st, 2008.  This summer will be our 5th here in the Southeast!


That's the longest we've ever lived anywhere.  It will be our fourth summer at Cicada Cottage.


We've made a few changes here and there.  New coats of paint.  Knobs switched from one piece of furniture to another.


The pillows always change up much to the chagrin of Dr. Gooch.  But for the most part, our little cottage has remained constant.


A place for play and primping.


A refuge for those who wish to reflect or for the rambunctious sort to romp.


It's a safe spot.  Within which we make food and waste and love and up.


Here, I have convinced the rascals that I am queen and CC is their castle.


Here we form princely piles, evidence of pulsing life. 


And royalty rears her fresh-bathed head.  At least 1,000 baths


but only one bitch ;)


My favorite part of our place?  Is that you are always welcome!



*Find the magic Kate made with the table and some light in the living room!

5 comments:

Becky said...

I'm so glad you always "welcome" us into your home. (That strawberry frosting you posted the other day looked to die for!)

TX Girl said...

I'm in love with the cicada cottage, especially the inhabitants. It really is rather inviting.

Arbon Family said...

i love your posts. Thanks for always making us feel so welcome. I love the picture of Lucy and Seth reading on the couch!

Kim said...

I love your house...and your blog. I was wondering if you can tell me the length and width of you really large and wonderful table?

Thanks,
Kim

Rebecca said...

Missing you and the CC.