Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm Not Convinced


That there is a safe and clear path.  In fact, in very solid fact, I am convinced otherwise.
I think most of us hold back and don't do what we really want to do and what we really know is the good thing to do.  I think most of us resent something even if we take it to our graves.  Resentment is not necessarily a bad thing and could possibly lead to that good thing that we know we should do.

I am not convinced that there is such thing as sanity.  I think everyone is crazy.  Children come to us to teach patience.   Laundry comes to us to teach humility.  Winter comes to teach us about time and warmth.  Ideas come to us to share in any form we can.  I'm not convinced that it's a good idea to own an animal.  I feel very little control over the things I have control over.  I don't think we should say everything we think.  I certainly don't!  Man!  I think we are way too serious.  We are way too silly, too.

I know the spirit guides.  I like Cup 'o Noodles.  I'm not convinced any of us understand what love is.

You just never know.  Life's unfair and then you die.  Keep it simple stupid.  Make good things happen.  If you're called upon to do something do it.  Stand up for who you are.  Touch my hair as you pass my chair.

Don't question what you know to be true, question everything else.

I think that all of this is beside the point.  And that's the point.  That it doesn't matter what we think.

There is what is.

It is true and bright and clear...and safe.

It's the only safe thing.  Trust me.

And it is what I fight for every day that I wake up, I'm convinced.



*picture sent to me by my mom, source unknown

9 comments:

kelly said...

what beautiful words...

Rebekah V. said...

...hmmm...i was thinking of getting a dog...and my laundry is in huge piles waiting to be done...and I am still in bed because of the gray winter day...and it feels like that is what is today. Is it? Maybe some days what is is just hard. And I guess hard is not mutually exclusive from true and bright and clear...even if some days it feels like t.

k a t y said...

whoa. those are lots of deep thoughts.

Rebecca said...

Yes, as God told us, we are all beggars. Everyone of us!

Tasha said...

Sounds like lots of thoughts that have been bouncing around in my head...
Miss you..
I LOVE the picture!

olivia said...

what fun! this was like pop rocks for my mind.

more, please.

Corinthians Grace said...

WOW.... this one will keep me thinking!

abby said...

if you write a book, i will read it. i'm basically dying over this post.

jenn said...

I agree with abby. If you write a book, I will read it. I really enjoyed this post. perfectly written.