Friday, October 07, 2011

To The Beach and Back Again, In Snippets


Dr. Gooch snapped this on the Intercoastal Waterway Bridge.  I love it and wish I could can this sky and that water together and sell it.  




While the Doctor's away, the rascals (and the head rascal) will take a morning stroll on the beach:



We've become a 'vator ridin' family.


Because stairs are...well, they take too long.  To our credit, we were staying on the 4th Floor.


My favorite son and shark bait.







Did I mention the sky.  Is there anything better than an October Sky?



Yes.  An October Sky at the Beach.




Lucy admitted to me that she'd rather be bitten by a shark than stung by a jellyfish.  Skewed, I tell you, skewed.



Haze with her hair pulled out of her face a la moi.



Hurricane Irene = standing water = mosquitos that can hold a whole gallon of blood (they're huge and abundant)


Lucy's a leggy blonde.



This is the same bathing suit she was wearing when jaws struck.  Crazy and a little creepy.




Lucy, safely in the sand.



Now you see him...


Now you don't (or do you?)  Find brave Dr. Gooch.






The End. Just The Beginning.

4 comments:

madsta said...

I think on the scar scale, lucy's are very impressive- it looks really beautiful there! if a little chilly!

Ann said...

And I think on the brave scale, Lucy is VERY impressive. Actually, all of you are. No small feat to return to those waves. So glad.

Dee said...

I remember hearing about your daughter on the news when this happened. You never seem to hear how they're (anyone who's involved in something like your family went through) doing after the fact. I'm so glad that I stumbled upon your blog and that your daughter, and your family are doing so great.

Tasha said...

1. That sky is amazing.
2. That mosquito bite is unreal.
3. Talk about getting back on the horse...
4. You look adorable in head scarves
5. I'm glad its just the beginning.