We have a dog now. Period.
Here are 10 of what we've learned in just under a week of pet ownership. Specifically, puppy ownership. A puppy named Shelby.
1. Puppies are nothing like babies.
2. Babies are much harder than puppies.
3. I never knew how much I would love that crate and it's containing quality.
4. Cesar Millan never tried to whisper to a dog with four young children around.
5. 6:00am in the wet grass of our front yard can be quite a beautiful time a day.
6. The sight of puppy poop has become such a relief (when it is deposited out of doors).
7. I can leave Shelby at home, alone, with out a babysitter and zero guilt.
8. Hazel found her soul mate.
9. Seth, the most unexcited about the advent of Shelby, is one of the most intrigued.
10. We picked a good one. She's devoted, protective, hilarious, and really good looking.
Bonus #11. I've never been more tired.