Monday, October 17, 2011

Bringing Shelby Home


We have a dog now.  Period.

Here are 10 of what we've learned in just under a week of pet ownership.  Specifically, puppy ownership.  A puppy named Shelby.




1.  Puppies are nothing like babies.
2.  Babies are much harder than puppies.
3.  I never knew how much I would love that crate and it's containing quality.
4.  Cesar Millan never tried to whisper to a dog with four young children around.
5.  6:00am in the wet grass of our front yard can be quite a beautiful time a day.
6.  The sight of puppy poop has become such a relief (when it is deposited out of doors).
7.  I can leave Shelby at home, alone, with out a babysitter and zero guilt.
8.  Hazel found her soul mate.
9.  Seth, the most unexcited about the advent of Shelby, is one of the most intrigued.
10.  We picked a good one.  She's devoted, protective, hilarious, and really good looking.





Bonus #11.  I've never been more tired.

6 comments:

Jen said...

She is a cutie!! We've had our little Lily for about 2 months. I wasn't a dog person when we got her and I'm still probably not a dog person, but I am happy to have her. Puppies are hard business and I totally agree with you about "whispering with four children around"!!

The Original Mangums said...

Glad that she has found a happy home, one that is glad to have her, one in which the children will love and take care of her! She is a lucy puppy, and you are a lucky family!!!

Ann said...

I've been dying to hear how it's going! So glad Shelby is part of the rascal clan!

Heidi said...

She is a beauty! Glad things are going well with her and the kids!

Ingrid said...

Awww...Shelby is darling.

Tasha said...

She's a cutie, but I can only imagine how exhausting!