Monday, September 19, 2011

Our Girl

I got an email late Saturday night letting me know that this is our Griff.  This is Song.  She wasn't even on my radar.  I was told I'd most likely get a "tight coat" pup.  Song has medium coat.  But, look at her!  Here she is at 22 days old already setting her body to point!  I think she'll make a great hunting companion for Dr. Gooch.


Here she is again at 22 days old.  Those baby blues will eventually turn a golden sunset yellow--a defining feature of the WPG's.  What a sweet face.  I love the chrome marking on her face and the chocolate-coated tail.



Here she is at 5 weeks old:



These bottom three are Song at 7 weeks.




Look at those paws.  She's going to be a good sized dog.  With her new home will come a new name.  We're still working on that.  Scooter?  Gertrude?  Chooka?  Pepper?

Oh boy (or girl!) am I ready for this...?

6 comments:

Vhari said...

She's so cute! I think my favorite of all of the ones you pictured earlier. Dogs can be crazy, but they are SO much easier than kids. When you've had it you can put them out back with food and water and you're good to go for a long time. I can't wait to meet her!!

miq said...

Cricket. The cricket that lives in
Cicada Cottage.

The Original Mangums said...

Perfect name - Cricket - I love it! Just keep all you don't want chewed up out of her reach, be ready for the digging in the yard -however she is a cutie and she will be worth the effort! Enjoy!!!

kelly said...

it's people like you who make people like us want to get a dog. but i caaaaan't dooooo it!
maybe you should name your dog jaws.

LCFrohm said...

i'm not 100% sure you should switch Song's name.
In working with foster dogs/adoptions, unless they come from a place of hurt, where the name would cause association with the pain, it's best not to change their names.
that's just my 2 cents!

Chane' said...

I like Gertrude - you can call her Gertie. :)