Monday, August 01, 2011

A Good Night's Sleep


Last night I slept through the entire night.  9pm to 6am.  My first full night's sleep in two weeks.  Which means all four rascals slept through the entire night, too.  I hope this means it will be a good day, too.  Tomorrow we'll have been home from the hospital one week.  Dr. Gooch is going to change Lucy's bandages and splint today after he wakes up.  He just got home.  He called me on his way home and he sounded drunk.  Drunk with fatigue.  


Things have slowed way down.   Lucy is taking antibiotics three times a day.  They make her stomach uneasy.  This daily dose spawned her first complaint since coming home, "I just wish that shark had known it was my leg!"


I want to thank you for all your prayers and kind words.  I've read every one of them and both Dr. Gooch and I have felt lifted and carried by those prayers.  


 What a powerful tool we have at our fingertips to call upon Divine help.  As we sat on the couch last night, chatting with my parents, Dr. Gooch said of the past few weeks, "We couldn't have planned it better than it happened.  Everything fell into place in so many ways.  And it could have gone much worse in so many ways."

But it didn't and we are grateful for that.  Happy to be home all together.  So happy.

9 comments:

Smiley Blogger! said...

God bless you and your family. It is great to see that things are doing quite well! Our prayers are with the Magnum Family on your journey through some rough times.

Natalie said...

this post makes me happy

Ann said...

Glad you're home and getting sleep!

Tasha said...

I shudder to think of it had gone any other way. I was in the grocery store today and thought of your mom bringing dinner into the hospital. Your family is amazing, and so are you!

The Original Mangums said...

A good nights sleep - feels so good! Glad things are going so well. I wish that shark had known it was Lucy's leg too!

Leah said...

hi jordan,

i have read your blog for over a year. i attended UNC chapel hill and seeing your pictures helps alleviate my homesickness {i live in san francisco now}.

i wanted you to know i am sending super duper california positive vibes to superstar lucy, kickass mama {you} and the rest of your lovely family.

hugs,
leah

shadesofblue said...

Amen and well said!!! God is good!

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

So happy you are all together and safe.

Still praying for Miss Lucy. I love the colors of her cast. If you have to wear a cast at least it has style.

Rest is a wonderful thing. Hope it was a great day.

Kurt Knudsen said...

We too, are happy you are home, together.