Monday, August 29, 2011

Back To School Night (or Day, as it were)

Asparagus wrapped in fontina and smoked ham


Dr. Gooch's famous Choc Chippers


Our Theme for the 2011-1012 School Year

I was the least ready for the start of school this year.  But, this thrown together kickoff lunch (instead of dinner) was maybe the most tender and enjoyable of the past four years.  Each of the rascals received a blessing from their Heavenly Father through their father.  I'll never forget Avery, sitting as still as she ever has in her life.  Eyes closed, head bowed as her father pronounced blessed words upon her tiny head.  Hazel's Heavenly Father loves her.  Lucy will be dancing and climbing trees before we know it.  Seth will make good friends and enjoy 3rd grade.  

As these pronunciations were given, I cried and once again chilled at the immensity of these big souls in their little bodies.  I know they will Do Their Best with what they've been given.  And I expect great things.  Great things.

*Metal Letter Motto sign by my parents, go here for details.

3 comments:

Ingrid said...

I love the sign AND your theme! You are a wonderful Mom!

Tasha said...

I love the signs your dad is making! I love that asparagus too! Will you make some for me???

The Original Mangums said...

Wish we had done something like that - we had the blessings, but the theme and dinner, what great incentives and family ties! Don't think me stupid, but what is fontina? The dinner/lunch sounds yummy!