Wednesday, July 27, 2011

We're In The Trenches Together


Katy, Jordan, Ashley (sisters all in a row)

It is hard to believe we are still bobbing along in the same lifetime as the one pictured here.  This was taken in our backyard between the pyracantha and the pool in Albuquerque, NM.  We look, respectively, 4, 5, and 6-years old.  Who knew the chubbiest of us would wind up the most wispy!



Katy now has her own big brood of "sisters all in a row" and she's due next month with a sixth (sister or sir, we're not sure).  Her birthday was yesterday, though this tribute is tardy, I hope my orange gifts for her cool studio weren't.  

I love Katy.  She is a marvel to all, but to me she is a comrade in arms.  In the battle of motherhood (for it IS a battle) I am grateful to be able to call upon her wisdom, humor, and advice as we raise our rascals fighting for the triumph of family. 



I hope hope hope someday we will be much closer geographically!  Happy birthday, Katy!


And a happy 43 years (also yesterday) to these two lovebirds!!
Pictured here with their precious progeny.

5 comments:

Evie said...

I've just come to your blog from No Big Dill and have read all your recent posts.
Today I've been wrangling hot, tired and bored toddlers (mine are two and three). You know the kind of day where the frazzled woman with a screaming toddler in tow is you. The day where they scream at each other all the time and you end up with pasta and sauce dripping down the walls.
Well, I'm slapping myself upside the head now because I cannot imagine what you and your beautiful family are going through at this time, and wanted you to know that you are in the prayers of a stranger.
I'm off to kiss my sleeping babies and thank God for blessing us all.

k a t y said...

Trenches appropriately describes it. Thank you, Jord, for this. My kids looked at the photo of me and said "you ate A LOT when you were little" ;)

Love you.

The Original Mangums said...

Happy belated birtday to Katy! Didn't know we shared a special day! All our precious grandchildren, with one to add, little Maya Kate - we are so blessed - and still in love! It has been a good year, getting better every day!

kelly said...

sisters and comrade in arms. That's the very best. I'll repeat your words, it IS a battle.

Kurt Knudsen said...

Happy B-day Katy and Happy A-day Paula and Carl!