Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I Love My Family


Not even skipping a beat, and as if she didn't have enough to worry about carrying on at the homestead with my Dad and our three other children, my mom prepared a DELICIOUS dinner and brought it along with the usual Sunday dinner attendees (Ben and Olivia and little Cohen!) 


We even procured permission to perform our own little sacrament meeting right at the foot of Lucy's hospital bed.  Aunt Olivia gave the talk.  It was on being a conqueror through trials.  She told us that pressure and hard things turn a black lumpy rock into a diamond.  She made me cry.  It was perfect.


Warm brownies with no nuts (: for dessert.


And chubby baby cheeks to chew on for the cherry on top.


I was especially grateful to have a few moments with Seth and Hazel and Avery (so was Lucy).  Perhaps my favorite picture of the week.


We've gathered a few new "family" members along the way, too.  This is Dr. Z.  He flies through the pre-op room signing a "Z" on the foot of his surgery patients.  He's basically Zorro with mad sewing skills.  How grateful we are for his know-how, diligence, and kindness.  Here he is changing Lucy's dressing for the first time Monday morning.  Ouch!  It hurt, but it was good for Lucy to see her new leg all patched back together.  

You guys, she's gonna have some rockin' scars!

7 comments:

tiffany said...

jordan,
what a story! to read this from shark attack to now all in one shot... kind of a whirlwind! so glad to see it all where it is now! :) summer... i tell ya! continued prayers for all...

Judy said...

Thanks so much for sharing. It must be hard to find the time when you're on the mommy ride of your life.

Robin said...

Jordan,
I'm so glad Lucy is going to be okay. This has been a heart-wrenching story but so grateful it ends with toes intact. If you feel like sharing, I am curious what Craig's angle is on what happened, what with him being an ER MD. Was this something where it was handy (or footy?) having him know his emergency medicine?

I talked to my mom after I read the first post and she said, "Oh! We know!" (she's in Utah, at Grandma K's). John Taylor had passed on the news. So many are praying for Lucy and your family!

Thanks for sharing. You do have an amazing family.

Arvada 6th Ward said...

You made me cry! I saw you guys on Good Morning America. I still can't believe it happened to your sweet girl, but what an example you are to a world that needs to hear her sweet/brave recovery.

Billy Fehr said...

She made me cry too (in the coffee house with people watching!) while I was reading her amazing account of reality, and the emotional presence of dealing with the physical now. The supporting pictures are no less than fantastic as well. Thank you so much for being smart, Healthy recovery to your entire family...

Mary Ann said...

It was great to see Lucy, mom and dad on the Today Show!!! Lucy is so brave. You have an amazing family.

Jessica said...

Family is the best support! I am so glad that things are going better for your family. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.