Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's A Double Birthday!!!!!

I told my Dad, what luck to have a birthday in Spring (even the first day of Spring).  There are always fresh flowers to bring in, the weather is cooperative luring the celebration out of doors if fancy strikes.  And after wintering for several months, all are ready to party.  And party we did!


Daffs!


Chinese RedBud! (These grow wild here at the edge of the forests)

Table set.


Gifts a go!


Camelias from the neighbor's tree (shhhh)

Boston lettuce and golden beet salad, Green Goddess dressing

Nigella seed rolls, cinnamon rolls

mixed olives

violets!!

Broiled salmon with mustard-balsamic glaze and watercress, (and the background boy digging for good measure)


Lemon Cake

My Dad turned 57.  Olivia turns 26 on Friday.  We did double duty and fashioned a fiesta for both!

She's Perceptive

He's Resolute

I love having them both in hugging distance.

7 comments:

Rebekah V. said...

well now I am hungry. looks absolutely fresh and delish! I am trying to bribe my mom into moving within hugging distance of us. Good food, good folks, good life!

Kurt Knudsen said...

thanks Jord!

Susannah said...

the rolls look delicious...would you mind posting a link or pointing me in the direction of a site where the cinnamon roll recipe is?

sara b said...

Happy Birthday father Knudsen and Olivia too!
Those Chinese Redbuds are beauties! I'd let you throw me a fiesta any day of the week...you know how to do it right!

Jordan said...

Susannah, it is just pizza dough, rolled in butter and cinnamon sugar and baked in a muffin pan. So easy!

olivia said...

thank you for such a scrumptious spring spread!

(& for the softest softness around)

kelly said...

my birthday is next thursday. i wonder who is going to make me a spread like this...it's true- you're an expert feaster.