Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Textures and Light

 I'm in my pajamas at the CC.  I'm wandering around pretending to get things done while my mom, washes the dishes and herds the two pre-schoolers around.  I've caught the bug that seems to be spreading like wildfire.  At least that's what Dr. Gooch reports.  I'm also plotting the things I can get in front of my new lens.

You know the question often asked, "Which would you rather," you know, one of those?  "A beach house or a cabin in the mountains?"  I used to always answer "cabin" with my reason in the seasons.  There are four in the mountains, but not much changes through the months at the seaside.

A few years ago I changed my mind.  This past weekend justified that switch in opinion.

Have you ever spent a January in the sand.  Uggs instead of flips flops.  Quilted down instead of a gauzy gown?

My slick, out-of-the-box Canon 60D and her lens explored all this Shivery Sand and Sun had to offer.

Unedited:

















11 comments:

k a t y said...

Glad you have mom to tend to you and the miniatures. Beautiful shots! What lenses did you get?

Melissa said...

That looks like heaven! I can't remember the last time I spelt in a bunk bed! I'mm glad you were able to get away and be with the ladies!

Wesley said...

Great photos!!! I am liking your new camera.

kera said...

i LOVE hatteras. i LOVE that you slept in a bunk.

Ashley Thalman said...

new cameranew cameranew cameranew cameranew cameranew cameranew cameranew cameranew cameranew cameranew cameranew cameranew cameranew cameranew camera

TX Girl said...

The thing is, you have such an amazing eye you could take pictures with your iphone and they would still be ROCKING. That being said, you behind this little baby is.. breathtaking.

Recover soon.

Kurt Knudsen said...

love the light captured.
love the footprints of uncaptured creatures

The Original Mangums said...

I love the beach, sand, sound of the surf, shells, plants, prints; takes me back a few years ago when the beach was within reach and we went often! Beurtiful pictures!

Susannah said...

I always find the beach more peaceful and calming in the off season. Love the new pictures.

buddens said...

Oh, I so love the beach and find myself in the same kanundrum of choosing: mountains or beach? (Which incidentally was solved one summer when driving Route 1 in California. At one moment, we were on the hillside of the mountains, and on the other side of us was a great field of corn (country), which then sloped down to the beach. Perfection!)

Katrina said...

gorgeous photos, jordan! well done.