Monday, January 17, 2011

Reclamation in Progress


I went away as not "to be needed" for a spell.  My away was at the beach.  With 13 other quality ladies.

Did you know the Atlantic ocean is rather calm in January.
I saw deer tracks in the dunes.
Did you know, that, uninterrupted I can sleep all night without waking until 9:29am?
I learned how to Purl, and castoff, and knit an eyelet row?
Did you know John Steinbeck is one of the most brilliant American Authors?
If you close your eyes, walking on a winter beach feels and sounds like stepping through a snowdrift.
Did you know I missed Dr. Gooch terribly?
He perfected his vomit washing skills while I was away.
Did you know that it takes a whole day to reclaim Cicada Cottage (plus pay the bills)?

PS I got a new camera for my birthday.  Thank you DG.  I am loving it.

6 comments:

merathon said...

with your eye for beauty and the unexpected, a beautiful family for subjects, and now an amazing camera, the sky's the limit for you! can't wait to see some more masterpieces...

Crystalyn said...

whatdya get? can't wait to see what you do with it! : )

SoCalGal said...

Missed being with you gals at the beach! I absolutely can't wait to see what you can do with a nice camera. I always thought you had a SLR with the photos you already post and was shocked to learn you didn't!

The Original Mangums said...

It's nice to get away and always so nice to come home! Congrats on the new camera! Love you!

sara b said...

That image is spectacular!
13 quality ladies away together for the weekend...sounds divine.
Good for you!

Tasha said...

What fun! Minus the post retreat sickness! I just got a new camera too and I am so afraid to use it!