Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Plot of One's Own

japanese maple

We got some rain over the past few days.  This makes me happy because buried in my mind are the hundreds of bulbs Dr. Gooch and I planted this past Fall and how the rain will help them put down strong roots in preparation for petal fireworks come Spring.   You're invited for the show.  Easter Feast on the Great Lawn anyone?

February is fast approaching, which is good, because February means I can start "gardening" again.  Even if that means only planting seedlings inside hugging all available window space.  I'm perusing seed catalogs, browsing last year's stash, and thinking of trying asparagus this year.  

Then, I thought, why don't I take it all the way and start a Garden Blog.  What do you think?  Would you visit my online green thumb?  I'm still a novice, but we could learn together.  

14 comments:

Rebecca said...

YES! Do a garden blog! Do it. I'd come and eat.

Kurt Knudsen said...

I'll plant 4 varieties of snap peas again if you do it.

Sarah said...

I'd put a garden blog to good use. Please do.

P.S. Can you provide some gardening tips for hot (Houston) weather and BUGS??

buddens said...

I'd absolutely read your garden blog! They've long been some of my favorite posts of yours.

Erin Bigler said...

I would (visit your online green thumb).

TX Girl said...

Novice. Ha! Don't make me laugh. You, my friend, have an awesome green thumb.

Clara said...

I have been following your blog for over a year but, have never responded. Please start a garden blog ASAP as we are going to build a raised garden this year. Growing up my family ALWAYS had a garden and we planned meals around what we grew. So I need some advice really soon. Please provide some of your yummy recipes that you always make your lucky family. Happy weekend!

Ingrid said...

Yes! Garden blog, please! And you a novice? I think not!

Susannah said...

Another vote for a garden blog!

The Three Beauties said...

I would love to read your Garden blog!!

Melanie Anne said...

YES!! What a fantastic idea! I would LOVE to read your garden blog! I have so much to learn about gardening in the South!!

abby said...

i would absolutely read your garden blog.

B said...

I would read it! I've long wanted to have one of my own... on a balcony... of my apartment. ;)

Emily said...

Yes please.