Monday, December 20, 2010

This is a photograph chosen at random from my entire iphoto collection.




This was our first summer in Cicada Cottage.  This day I made eggplant foccaccia.  Hazel had a tear on her face and more baby chub than she does now.  I still love the color of the walls in the dining room.  I asked the rascals today if they missed summer.  I went on and on about the inflatable pool, the sweaty long days of no school, watermelon, and sprinklers.  They just gave me blank stares.  All of them.  Then Seth piped up.  "Christmas is my favorite time of year, Mom."

I can't argue with that.

And here is something you can't argue with:  Hazel is cute.  Today and a year and a half ago.

Happy holiday travels one and all.  I'll see some of you soon.

2 comments:

The Original Mangums said...

They know what they love! Christmas is my favorite time of year too - after I get all the packages in the mail - then I can relax and enjoy!

Kurt Knudsen said...

Mmmm mmmm! Do you have focaccia on the Christmas menu list?