Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cold Anticipation



It's very cold.  We're trying to stay warm by running around a lot and screaming.  At least that's what it looks like from here.  My sister had a baby in the middle of December in the middle of the night after a short 2 1/2 hours of labor.  His name is Clark Vaughan Jones.  He'll be famous.  We get to see him in a few weeks when my family comes for Christmas.  We have plans to climb on fire trucks, ride horses, pop poppers, eat pork, and generally celebrate as family.  We're most excited for the cousins.  Pearl is Seth's age but he also plays with Divine, then Olive and Lucy usually pair off, they are a perfect pair, too.  Who is my age?!!  Yells Hazel.  Azure is, Hazel.  And you both have z's in your name which not many friends can claim.  Avery and Clover both have v's and they with probably chat each other's ears right off.  Ears on the floor, we'll have.  I asked my sister Katy if she would make a Croquembouche with me and she said yes.  Eli and Ivy will stay with us, and their parents, too, in Seth's room.  Seth will sleep with his sisters but hopes he can rope a few of the cousins into the fray as well.  I think he can.  Katy?  Olivia and Ben don't have to come far at all from Raleigh.  Jacob is bringing Krisanne, which thrills us all to pieces and we hope she'll still like him after she meets all the pieces of us.  She's stellar.  A real person.  A catch, if you will.  I hope the sun shines.  I hope everyone has fun.  I hope Dr. Gooch and I and our Cicada Cottage will make for a memorable and merry Christmas oh ten.

7 comments:

madsta said...

That sounds like such a lot of fun! I hope you post all about it :)
congratulations to Ann- Clark is a sweet name :)

Krisanne said...

Jordan, I already feel so welcome. I can't even tell you how big my excitement is in anticipation of spending Christmas with you all. That excitement of mine will not fit into a stocking, if that gives you any idea.

sara b said...

I'm coming too! Just Ivy and I. Will your family mind? ;)
It all sounds divine!
It will surely be very merry at the Mangums!

The Original Mangums said...

Wish we could come too! Maybe another year we can all get together! Sure love you, have so much fun; eat so much; play so hard; make a million memories!

Susannah said...

About to google croquembouche...this post pretty much sums up the joy that comes with having a big family!

TX Girl said...

Merry indeed. Sounds like a marvelous time will be had by all.

olivia said...

i missed this one somehow... i think i missed wednesday all together. it's a blur...

in any case, i am thrilled. it ALREADY is a memorable christmas, don't you think? just 3 days to go!!