Sunday, October 31, 2010

Where's Hazel?

Well, Hazel's actually in bed getting one of only a few more nights of 3-year-old sleep for she turns four in a few days.  But, tonight I found her here.  Amy of AFM Photography, a dear friend, was in our neck of the woods and suffered through a family photo shoot with Dr. Gooch, me, and our four rascals.   What a nicey.  I'm dying to see the rest, but will be good and wait patiently.


In other news, my house is filled with the scent of blooming paperwhites courtesy the green bulb thumb of Dr. Gooch, which is confusing my brain and I just might have to put on some carols to go with that distinctly Christmas smell.  It is the most wonderful time of year and we still have at least another month of Fall weather.

Though, a cold spell prompted me to "bring in the Basil!"  16 cups of the herb and eight batches later, I had a window full of pesto:



Magic!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I told Wes that we NEED to plant some paperwhites! I love them but I think we will just have to buy new bulbs every year.
Also, we got a basil plant and I think it's a great idea to make pesto. I need to try this as well.

SoCalGal said...

The pesto looks fantastic. Do you can it to make it last? Or will you go through it fast?