Friday, September 03, 2010

We have eggs!!




The three birds we brought home to Gloria were already veteran layers, because, these are veteran-sized eggs.  We discovered them in the coop last night.  We're still waiting on Gloria's egg-debut.  For now, this is really exciting.  The kids all had a fresh fried egg before school this morning.  Perfect.

In other news, my sister Katy is celebrating National Sewing Month here and she was kind enough to include not a few of my words here.  You'll want to follow along the rest of the month, she really knows her stuff.  She's a creative genius.

6 comments:

mrs boo radley said...

Cute chicks. And you have great taste in music.

TX Girl said...

And you are a creative genius with your words. I wish I possessed both qualities.

v. jealous of your egg stash. I'm sure they tasted divine.

madsta said...

I just read your post, it was very lovely, as was your wedding dress! you looked so beautiful!- you know, after reading about your hens the other day I had scrambled eggs for dinner, I have always thought I hated eggs and so never eaten them, they were quite delicious. :)

The Original Mangums said...

Congratulations - three eggs in one day = come on Gloria, get with the program!

Ann said...

How egg-citing! Congrats.

Becky said...

I want chickens, bad!!! (Maybe someday when we actually have a place of our own...)