Tuesday, September 21, 2010

CC Gardens, Late Summer


I moved the fern from the screened porch to the front porch--is it too much?



The Stonecrop (of the Sedum family) finally bloomed and made the Bumblies happy.



Ruellia Peninsularis:  This beauty drops all her prolific blooms every day between 2 and 3:00pm.  But just as many appear each morning.  Lovely ritual.




Ready for Fall.


Grandpa's Sugar Snaps, sunbathing


Second round of broccoli this year!


My Eggplant, heavy with gorgeous, black shiny fruit.


Don't let these bare spots fool you, under that dark soil lie seeds, ready to perform: carrots, green onions, radishes, mesclun mix, buttercrunch, and arugula.


5 comments:

Ann said...

I'm impressed!

You owe me two blown kisses today :)

Kurt Knudsen said...

So happy to be a part of the partakers

Melanie Anne said...

Wow--I love your gardens! I am noew to the south and the growing seasons here. i am drawing up my plans for a backyard garden next year. What kind of dirt do you use in your boxes? Is is the square foot gardening method or dirt with a mix of fertislizer/mulch? If you pt me in the irght direction I would so appreciate it:) Have a great day!
melandboys@gmail.com

Gina said...

Look at your eggplant! Ours just are barely hanging on with two less than pathetic eggplants. I need gardening lessons!

Megan said...

I have the same questions/ need for advice as does Melanie Anne...any help would be lovely!!
megan.williams620@gmail.com