Monday, August 23, 2010

Welcome...



...To Our Third Annual Back To School Dinner and Evening


We celebrated three students.  Seth, going into 2nd grade, Lucy, beginning the educational journey with Kindergarten, and my little big brother Ben beginning graduate school (17th grade)!  They were the stars of the show.


New Shoes for the Scholars (and a pre-dinner dance)


The Stage Was Set



My Go-To Pasta: Rotini Alfredo with Asparagus and Ham





Seth requested the cookie letters to spell out our names (he remembered this from last year's dinner), I was lucky to find enough letters to spell them all out, for we nearly doubled our numbers with additional extended family present.  What a gift.  The evening ended perfectly with a Father's blessing from Dr. Gooch and my Dad to prime the pupils for their continued pursuit of knowledge.  

Wish you could have joined us.


Happy Schooling One and All!!

9 comments:

Kurt Knudsen said...

delicious dinner.
tender theme.
shining shoes.
beautiful blessings.
terrific tradtion

Rebecca said...

Wonderful evening!

Ann Dee said...

Yum. I'm going make this salad this weekend for a shower. The wedding kind not the other kind. Although it would be cool to eat in the other kind.

One day I hope to do such beautiful parties/meals for my family.

Ashley Thalman said...

Jordan! I love it! I feel so inspired and I am 5 years away (gladly) from such events.

Becky said...

I love fun back to school traditions. It looks like your kids are going to have tons of fond memories of going back to school.

Ingrid said...

Love this! Now where do you find tablecloth long enough for your table? Impressive indeed.

The Frat Pack + Me said...

love the names spelled out in cookies! How adorable!

Angela said...

All of it... awesome.

hello*lucky*holly said...

every now and then i pop by and indulge in the purity that is your blog. i wish you were widely known so that others could enjoy your goodness.
x
H