Tuesday, August 24, 2010

In The Garden (and some Tuesday thoughts)


Second Crop of Beans, flowering



The stunning flower of the Okra plant


Black Beauty Eggplant


The Scene found daily out my kitchen window

My mom thinks I'm crazy, but I sensed a shift in air over the weekend.  I think Fall just might be peaking it's cooling head through the late summer heat.  Yay for that.  It's been an unusually hot and humid one.  Sunday night brought a fabulous rain storm.  We stood on the porch and watched.  Avery had a diaper change during the downpour and opted for the security of Lucy's bed over her cold, empty crib.  Avery is the resident scared-y cat.  She is mostly scared of "smoke", which includes steam and fire.  But also thunder and lightening.  Lucy (in her midnight grogginess) leapt at the chance to comfort her little sister.  Lucy is our resident nurturer.  Seth's off to school tomorrow.  Lucy will follow on Monday.  These small changes are a big deal around here.  

Happy Tuesday, All.

8 comments:

Ann said...

I must be crazy too because I felt the seasonal shift last week. I'm excited for fall.

Kurt Knudsen said...

yeah. I think you're both crazy.

SoCalGal said...

i hope you're right! good luck with school!

TX Girl said...

me too. triple digits for the last month have not only killed my lawn, but a bit of my spirit.

kera said...

We live in Chattanooga and today, I too, especially felt that change coming around....it was high 60's when I left for work at 6am! I'm pretty excited as we also have had a HOT and HUMID summer!! So I must have the crazies too!

Tasha said...

Evie goes on Thursday for 1st grade and Stella starts preschool. Today I've been simultaneously having a panic attack and feeling freedom in my grasp. IT just goes so soon. I know that in the time it took Evie to get to first grade, that same span of time will turn her into a 12 year old who is completely embarrased of me...

The Frat Pack + Me said...

that eggplant is BEAUTIFUL! And I love the scene out your window. It is still blistering hot here in NC.

Angela said...

Jealous of that eggplant. And that fun backyard!