Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Not everything comes up roses




This watermelon got really big, a good size, nearly big enough to eat then rotted on the end.  A similar rot is affecting every green pepper that begins to grow.  And, this is the only edible ear of corn in our whole crop.  And it was super mini.  This is a good lesson for me.  I easily accepted these foibles in farming knowing that next season offers another chance.  And, that there are four more melons healthy and growing and that bell peppers aren't THAT tasty.

May I more easily accept my own foibles in growing a certain four rascals.  Amen.

6 comments:

Kurt Knudsen said...

Life is hard as a farmer
AND as a mother.

Michelle said...

So far our peppers are showing similar rot, I guess I have a lot to learn.

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

blossom end rot. throw some epsom salts in the soil!
:-)

Jessica said...

At least GREEN peppers are not that tasty.

liz canaan roberts said...

amen.

Ann said...

You can't sway how impressed I am with your green thumb.