Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Linus



This gal didn't mind her close-up at all.

I caught Linus nipping at her wings (notice the bite out of the right side).  Linus is orange and white.  He comes sauntering out of nowhere when you sit on the front porch just to get a rub.  And he knows he'll get one.  I can't resist.  He likes to lie under the crepe myrtles out back to watch the chickens and flick his furry tail.  Once in awhile, if it's not too hot, he'll give 'em a good chase, but he wouldn't hurt a feather (only a dusty wing).  He spends more time in our garden than in his own.  The kids shout his name and lunge for him every time they catch a glimpse of his bright, soft fur through the bushes.  He knows better than to stick around for their "caresses", but is more than happy to pause for mine.

The best part?  He's not ours.  Thanks single neighbor guy, for lending us a pet.

4 comments:

k a t y said...

amen. best kind of pets: ones we just visit. or catch.

shawna b. said...

I've so enjoyed my visit to CC this morning. Just wish it were in person! Looks like a very happy summer, my friend.

PS - Once again, I have found a song from your sidebar to add to my own playlist. "My Boys." Delightful! And the Robert Bresson quote has just been added to my book of favorites. Thank you, Jordan!

Kurt Knudsen said...

love the close-up. Tell Linus to stop biting the butterfly!

kera said...

i WISH we had a visitor cat cause i'm not an animal person {minus our pet fish} and my little people are BEGGING for a dog or cat....