Monday, March 29, 2010

Walk With Me






We were fortunate to move into the CC with it's already established perennial garden.  We moved in last June...so it has been magical watching it come back to life as our first Spring here unfolds.  I wish I could take you by the hand and walk around the paths with you.  I'd brag about the HUGE Tulips and Daffodils that Dr. Gooch planted last Fall.  We'd take the chicks out back and decide together that the lawn is well overdue for mowing, but that because of the rain over the weekend, we should maybe wait a day.  While we leave the fowl to forage I would point out how we'll be cutting leaves for our afternoon salads from the mesclun mix in another week or so and how we really need to get the corn planted because the warm temperatures coming up would give us a nice start on a small crop (won't the chickens love to peck at our discarded cobs come late summer?)  They are growing quickly (the chickens).  So is the garden.

And so are the children.  But the blossoms are so much quieter and more amiable, for now at least.  Here are a few I found today after the rain:

Mammoth Daffodil



Japanese Maple


Fritilleria Michailovskyi


Fancy Frills Tulips

3 comments:

buddens said...

You really know how to take in life. I love reading and viewing your blog.

Ann said...

Looks like your new camera! I love your new header. I am determined to get down to CC sometime soon to see your beautiful blooms.

The Original Mangums said...

I love flowers; I don't have much luck in growing them, but I love them, they make me happy! Love your yard, I can hardly waith to visit!