Thursday, March 11, 2010

The First Signs of Spring at Cicada Cottage

l

It had been sitting in a heap at the foot of the driveway for 9 months.  Like it was gestating.  I had given up on it.  Surely we had lost all the nuts and bolts by now.  Then, magically, one morning, last Saturday morning, Dr. Gooch brought out his secret stash of hardware and up it went!!  The swing, slide, and fort ready for the season! That was it.  Spring awakened here and suddenly we saw it all around and above us.  After the hyacinths had warmed in the sun for a bit you couldn't walk by that heady heady scent without pausing for more.  We had planted the yellow crocus last Fall, but the purple ones were a surprise at the base of the Red Oak.  Branches seemed suddenly laden with buds.  I walked around gathering snapshots of it all, then, the squawking of geese overhead drew my lens upward.  It was perfect.  Spring is the perfect season.  

Look, my new, sexy Atlas garden gloves match the hyacinths!  

9 comments:

Kurt Knudsen said...

I can almost smell the hyacinths.

Ann said...

Hooray for Spring! Where'd you get your sexy gloves?

Panooch said...

Yahooey for the play place! And to think, Craig did it without Duane! Can we come play soon?

Jordan said...

I found the gloves at a local Nursery. They are like a second skin! I can even weed with them on.

Panoochy! Come play this weekend!!!

k a t y said...

Whoa! Those are indeed the sexiest gardening gloves I've laid my eyes upon! I need more land to justify getting me a pair. The CC is looking quite lovely in her new Spring colors.

kelly said...

you know what's sexy? spring.

NieNie said...

Jordan,

can i come visit you? I am serious. I want to be with you and your beautiful home, and your adorable children!

kisses,
Stephanie

Tasha said...

I love it! All of it!
It snowed here yesterday Jordan! Snowed. How rude, eh?

amyfm said...

beautiful. I'm totally jealous over here.