Saturday, March 20, 2010

The First Day of Spring and My Dad


This was on the 4th of July months before selling the  Provo house on the hill was even a twinkle in my parents' eye.  Now they are ending their Seoul Sabbatical and coming home--to North Carolina!!  Four have been added to this crowd since.  And one on the way!  You can tell they're his.  

I love my Dad.  Every time I wander out to survey the growth in the garden at CC, I think of him doing the same. He would walk slowly with a little lean forward his hands clasped behind his back in balance and concentration.  Surely he wasn't thinking only of Arugula and Ranunculas.  But of Becky and Ben.  and Jordan and Jacob, and Ashley and Ann, and Katy of course, too!  

His life has in all aspects reflected his strength in Faith and is faith in Family.  Happy Birthday, Dad.

4 comments:

Ann said...

I know that pose! I miss it and him.

madsta said...

i can see all of you sisters in him!

Kurt Knudsen said...

So fun you are carrying the gardening and nurturing tradition into the next generation.
Love you Jordan!
-Dad

Rebecca said...

I love that picture with his suntanned garden face.