Monday, January 25, 2010

Today, At Cicada Cottage



It's only January.  Spring is teasing us.  The bulbs have shot up stubby green shoots as if waving little fingers at us, "I'm here but not really."  Because the steady sunshine today was poorly matched with a blustery wind cold enough to keep sweaters.  However, Avery braved it bear-armed.  The boxes, still needing weeding had no idea that their occupants were already being nursed inside.  Where its warm and moist.  The seeds of tomatoes, chamomile, parsley, and sage have been set in motion on the sills of the windows.  It is only a matter of time.  Even though it's only January.

6 comments:

We live in a Zoo! said...

It will probably snow tomorrow ;D

Kurt Knudsen said...

looking forward to walking the grounds of Cicada Cottage with you.

Suzanne said...

Good morning, Jordan! It's been a while since I popped in on your blog. I hadn't realized how much I missed looking at the world through your eyes. What prompted me to come back was a photograph of a zillion felt balls. How did you do on that goal?

Wishing you a splendid day!

As a girl who is leaving her 30s in just a few months, the view looking back is quite amazing. It's all what you do with it, right?

sara b said...

Ahhhh. Spring.
I've invited her to Philadelphia, jut waiting for an RSVP.

Can't wait to see the CC is all her glory smack in the middle of Spring.

Let February and March go by fast.

sara b said...

p.s. I loved the last post about your mom. Lucky, lucky you to have her coming so close.

I read it to Mac and we both decided we have a problem with muzzling manipulations :)
Those poor little Batos.

Jessica said...

Lucky, I wish spring was teasing us here. But it's just freezing cold and very icy.