Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Princess on My Birthday




My husband took me for pastries and omelets this morning.  Just us two.  It was perfect.  And tasty.  Then for a surprise leisurely stop at a favorite shop.  One particular sales associate struck up a convo with my "man with the red shoes" who mentioned me turning 32.  He slung me a compliment but assured Dr. Gooch, "Don't worry, I'm gay, I'm not hitting on her."

As we left the establishment, the same fellow sent us off with this gem, "You treat her like a princess today and she'll treat you like a princess on your birthday!"  We giggled and threw our heads back in merriment at his joke, at least I did.

We ducked into the frigid air whose temperature seemed to mark my 32nd year all day long, and I asked, "How would I go about treating you like a princess?"  He shook his head, "Don't take advice on how to treat your man from a gay guy."  Good advice.

12 comments:

amy m said...

Happy Birthday Jordan!

This story cracks me up. I'm thinking I'd get the same response.

I'd love to see what your favorite store looks like.

The Original Mangums said...

Happy Birthday Jordan! Glad you had such a great day---with good advise to boot! Can't get much better than that!

SoCalGal said...

LOL! Happy Birthday! You share the same birthday as my sister and my new sister-in-law (oh, and Rush Limbaugh :D ) Hope it was GREAT!

rebecca said...

Craig. Craig. You have a thing or 2 to learn...

Lizzy said...

Happy Happy Birthday Jordan. Glad you had such a lovely morning! Funny story!

wandering nana said...

Happy Birthday Jordan and thanks for being such a good friend to my daughter Tx girl (L). "}

TX Girl said...

Was it that pretend laugh that you demonstrated for us in Portland that made me laugh so hard I almost choked? Remember. The throwing your head back and laughing in unison ha-ha-ha? Almost like a cursory laugh?

Sparklebot said...

I rather disagree. I think gay guys might know, better than any of us ladies ever could, how to treat a man. They know it because they feel it.

madsta said...

happy birthday! so much acomplished in just 32 years!

sara b said...

I am giggling. That is such a good story.
So glad you had a happy day.

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Jordan! What a great way to start your day, and what a funny story.

shawna b. said...

Omelets and pastries? Now that's a birthday! And a funny story to boot ... even better. Happy 32, Jordan.