Monday, December 14, 2009

It's All About the Phood in Philadelphia



If you are ever lucky enough to stroll through Old City please stop for a bite or two (or twenty) at Zahav's.  The food is special, the tables are shiny, and the whole dining experience with long-time friends was---well, biblical.




Sarcone's Deli for a "second breakfast" of Roast Turkey with Sharp Provolone, red pepper spread, and asparagus.  Be patient with the lovably large Italian guy ringing up your order whose sentences trail off unintelligibly.  And remember your sandwich is worth the wait.



Oh!  And honey!  Please sit and eat at Honey's Sit 'N Eat.  Twice.  Maybe you'll be lucky enough to have Will Schuester seat you.  Get the Enfrijoladas and don't pass up the best hot chocolate in the world. Oh wait--get the pumpkin pancakes and scarf down a slice of dense chocolate cake afterwards.  Oh wait--get the Peanut Noodle Salad and share a Miso Soup with Soba.  Just go.  More than once.  And take these three handsome men the second time around:




And if you can help it at all, sit next to this charming young lady who is more seventeen than seven:




5 comments:

Jessica said...

Philly--such foodie bliss. I need to go and try these spots! Seriously though--Lolitas next time.

roseandphil.blogspot.com said...

Oooooo :D Looks good, next time I am in Philly baby those are the places you will find me at meal times ;D

Rebecca said...

Go a head--torture me. Looks DEELISH!

Kurt Knudsen said...

Send me one of each, PLEASE!

sara b said...

Jo, I miss you so much it hurts.
Or is that just the pumpkin pancakes washed down with chocolate cake making a mess in my stomach?

Nope....it is your absence. Most definitely.
Who am I to peruse Anthro with today?.....and then again tomorrow?

Come back.
If for nothing else, for another fro contest.
I will let you win. (because as we discovered.... I haven't a chance, Janice)