Monday, December 21, 2009

I'm Dreaming of A White Christmas Party


Can we have a party instead of making 20 plates of 20 different kinds of cookies to deliver to unsuspecting friends and neighbors?  Even if it is during one of Durham's only snow storms? YES! And we did.

I love a good party.  And good people make a good party.  We had plenty of those and some good food, too.  Which never hurts.  Top the party off with brilliant white elephant gifts and a rousing Eggnog toast (toast as in clanging glasses not crispy bread) and after everyone's gone home in the slush outside, kiss each other under the withering mistletoe while you snack on the table remains and already begin to dream of next year's bash.

Merry Christmas!  Go here for a peek at the menu.


13 comments:

Rebecca said...

Looks like LOTS of fun! Love the table cloth.

Kurt Knudsen said...

the reflection of the Christmas tree in the mirror is nice.

Melissa said...

It's just amazing to me that one person can have so much talent at one time. You have such a nick for making things both yummy and beautiful. I wish you a non-stressful day as you prepare!

madsta said...

how fun! weirdly all of england has been covered in snow these past few days, we never ever ever get snow in december! if at all! must be something in the water!

sara b said...

I am coming next year.
And I want a t-shirt.

k a t y said...

I'm almost jealous of your snow.

Sounds like a most pleasurable eve.

Alyssa said...

you do through a great party! Wish we lived closer. Merry Christmas!!!!

Alyssa said...

I meant throw, not through! :-)

TX Girl said...

The t-shirt is hilarious! And the menu.. looks divine.

Panooch said...

I have been waiting for the details of the party - looked divine and I was sad to miss it. We had a lot of fun being snowed in.

Rebekah V. said...

I must say that I am quite jealous of the company at your party because (I hear through the grapevine) that at least two of my favorite people in the world attended not to mention the only person who has ever figured out how to really cut my hair. I don't think envy becomes me. I am going to go look in the mirror just to verify that though.

ps. you throw a dem fine pahty my deah. dem fine.

The Original Mangums said...

Your home is beautiful in the snow, we had a good one ourselves about a week and 1/2 ago. It was great! SNOW IN Lousiana - unheard of but here it was all white! exciting. Sounds like a great party.

Arbon Family said...

So sad we missed it! I am glad you guys had so much fun!