Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Do They Look Naughty or Nice?



We'll find out soon enough!

And you?  You who spend a few moments of your time to come here.  I'm glad you do and love to read the little traces you leave.  Some of you I've kissed.  Some of you I've hugged.  And for the rest, I've only kissed and hugged someone we both know.  But it's grand and my gift to you is a big, plump "Thank You" for making this place a softer landing for the rubble I spin.  Here, here's a little more:

The Day Before the Day Before

A pork roast is thawing 
The sauerkraut stands by.  
Danish Pastries still a dream 
Though our hopes are set high.
Dr. Gooch is so sleepy
My oven: today repair'd!
The rug covered with needles,
Our tree: no worse for wear.
Those temps, they're quite chilly,
And that UPS guy's no stranger,
Yet the grandest gift so far?
That Tiny Babe, laid in a manger.

Merry Christmas!!

10 comments:

Natasha said...

I have so enjoyed visiting your blog this year. (I "know" you through Tasha A.) Merry Christmas!

We live in a Zoo! said...

Have a Merry Christmas! Thanks for your words ;D

Trainer Momma said...

Thanks for your beautiful words and calming blog. I look forward to reading it always.

k a t y said...

Mmmmm. They all look pretty nice except Miss Hazey looks a bit mischievous. But we like her that way, now, don't we?

Kurt Knudsen said...

93% NICE!

Rebecca said...

VERY NICE! Merry Christmas my daughter!

The Original Mangums said...

Merry Christmas! Love spending a few minutes with you almost every evening. Love the poem!

Anthony said...

Sweet words are always found on your blog. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

sara b said...

Nice, all of them.

madsta said...

aww they all look nice! i found your blog through nienie ages ago, and just earlier this year became a "follower" its such a great little spot and i always enjoy your words! merry christmas!