Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Day in Dialogue

Just before midnight on Christmas Eve, Dr. Gooch surveyed the display that Santa had laid out for our children, "This is pretty measly."  I agreed.  We went to bed with trepidation in our hearts hoping to find joy on the faces of our rascals come morning.  As Seth came upon his stash and exclaimed, "I got SO MANY presents!!!"  We breathed a proverbial sigh of relief and settled down in our Mickey PJs for the show.



Lined up ready in spankin' new jammies, Seth declared: "Santa DID come, Lucy, I saw my lighthouse when I used the bathroom."





"And it lights up!!!!!!!!!!" ( a million thanks to Nana and Papa for saving Seth's Christmas)




The face says it all.



Sailboat head: "I wanted this!!!!"



Avery, "I have no idea what is going on but it's awesome!!"



Lucy:  "Mom, what did YOU get?" (A membership to our local YMCA.  Woot!  Woot!)



Lucy and Hazel thinking, "Argh!  Why do we have to stop the gift explosion to take a photo?!"



Me, after looking at this photo on my camera, "Wow.  That photo turned out."



The sweet little Danish after being ignored and passed up by all the rascals, "At least my Mama LOVES me."

The tree will stay up the rest of the week to help play hostess to guests coming and going.  But the December calendars are gone and we've got one foot in 2010!

4 comments:

Panooch said...

So fun Jordan! I love the pictures of the kids, what crack ups!

Kurt Knudsen said...

Looks like a perfect Christmas morning! Right down to the pinwheel Danish pastry.

Rebecca said...

Oh so fun! Looks like a wonderful Christmas indeed! Wish I could have a Danish.

Jen said...

I love kids have totally different perspectives than us. We gave mostly used gifts and my dane kept saying, "this is so cool, someone else loved this first." It made my day! Awesome pics!