Tuesday, November 03, 2009

The Rashrey Factor



I often take advantage of drop-off line time at Seth's School to call my sisters.  One day I called Ashley (middle in this picture, but oldest of the four girls) and wondered if she was getting excited to go to Korea for Thanksgiving (even though I had invited her to spend the Feast Day with us) and if she wanted to leave smiley Eli in our care while she was gone.  Of course, Ashley had already made arrangements for the babe to be watched in their absence.  Then, I asked, "what are you doing for Christmas?"

"You just love having people come visit, don't you?", she asked.

"No!  I mean yes, but I just miss you!"

Ashley has a rare quality.  I don't know the name for it.  It is transparent, and guileless, and honest, but kind all at the same time.  It is the quality that makes you trust her.  It makes you want to hang out with her and do whatever she asks of you.  It is the same quality that made me want to marry Dr. Gooch.  If you could only have one quality it is the one to have.  I'll call it the Rashrey factor.



Happy 33rd, big sis! Gove your luts.

6 comments:

The Baker's Goods said...

What a compliment! Thanks JORD!

Kurt Knudsen said...

me too!

Rebecca said...

Yes, she has that
quiet confidence.
Love that girl

Ann said...

I love the Rashrey factor!

Jessica said...

I've been blessed OVER and OVER and OVER again by the Rashrey factor. You are lucky to be her sis!

michelle said...

That is a great factor!

p.s. my kids are fascinated by your new banner!