Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Your Pumpkin, Personalized



Seth went for the classic Jack-o-lantern design.  Hazel flitted in and out of the carving session so Dr. Gooch headed up her grinning ghoul, Lucy failed to specify so I dolled her pumpkin up with lashes and lips--she was sorely disappointed and claimed she had her heart set on a scary squash, but in the end warmed to the glowing gal.

They are lighting the porch of Cicada Cottage now ready for the festivities.  We made one more stop at Surplus Syd's today in downtown Carrboro and our costumes are complete--now for the kids' getups!


9 comments:

Rebecca said...

So scary! Even Lucy's luscious lipped beauty!

Kurt Knudsen said...

Hope you have a harrowing Halloween!

k a t y said...

Ryan and Divine carved a rocket sailing through the stars, but it's already gone the way of the compost pile. I love all the photos.

madsta said...

wow! theyre lovely! can i ask whether to get the ghoulish effect you carved out the whole section or just wore away bits? if you get my meaning, i am carving pumpkins today, forgive me i am english, we never do halloween properly!

madsta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

How did Dr. Gooch do the mouth on that pumpkin? Did he not cut all the way through? I can't figure it out...

Jordan said...

Dr. Gooch carved the toothy grin with a scooping tool. He "scraped" his design into the "skin" of the pumpkin and scraped out the flesh from the inside so the glow would show through well. He's pretty fantastic.

madsta said...

thankyou! we just did ours they turned out nice, you can have a looksee on my blog if u like, but i still think ures are pretty fabulous!

Yours Truly said...

I didn't know you lived in Carrboro! We just moved from Carrboro and I miss miss miss miss miss miss miss it. (I am starting to feel a little creepy with all my comments.) You may know many of our friends in Chapel Hill. Hmmmm. i wonder.