Saturday, September 05, 2009

Saturday Evening Post





pots on front porch

"The Gardens at Cicada Cottage"

It is Thursday afternoon as I write this. I took these pictures early that morning (and was interrupted by one of "my guys"--the irrigation guy, Jeff (but Hazel kept calling him Jack) who showed me how to turn our well access on and off and told me he would be careful digging around the roots of the Four Oaks. Right now Seth is wading through another day with Ms. Marciano from New York in 1st grade. Lucy is arranging colored pencils in the window sill. Hazel is taking a super nice nap with all the windows open in my King bed. And Avery is talking herself into a nap in the guest room. The perfect time to give you a sneak peak into the flora surrounding the house.



late summer planting in veggie garden


Clearing paths of mean sprawling weeds


I know we probably will someday, but I never want to move from here. I could spend all day strolling these places.

9 comments:

k a t y said...

It's lookin' great, Jord!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful! I can see why you love it!

Kurt Knudsen said...

CC garden looks idyllic!

The Original Mangums said...

Why move you've got it all! It is truly beautiful, like a garden you have to go somewhere to visit! I can't wait to see it!

Ingrid said...

Those gardens look dreamy! What beautiful property you have!)

michelle said...

I would never move! And I want that polka-dot planter!

Ann said...

You grow girl!

Jessica Womble said...

Wow! Your garden is so beautiful! I don't think I would ever go inside. I'd spend all my time outside enjoying the beauty.

Melanie Anne said...

What a beautiful garden! I just stumbled upon your blog somehow--and I must say, I love your pictures and style! I just moved to the south (TN) and am dying to put in a garden. I think your in the South too--does box gardening do well here? Do you use the square foot gardening "recipe for dirt"? Or do you just fill your boxes with soil and fertilzer? I love your gardens! They have inspired me!