Monday, September 28, 2009

Preparing CC for Guests


We have big news here at Cicada Cottage. Our first (overnight) guests are coming this weekend. My best girlfriend from my growing up years and her man (and their two lovely girls). This cool Monday morning was a the perfect time to switch out beds, wash sheets, and basically create a whole room from scratch. The guest suite past the dining room where it shares a hallway (and a window) with the screened porch. I love how it turned out. I went into it thinking color and it somehow ended up a cozy, calm, room full of cool neutrals. Pictures to come.

Dr. Gooch calls my blog "My Angle of Pete Rose". He's super funny. Together, today, we killed five black widows. We showed the rascals those shiny bulbous spiders. So black. Now they can avoid them. While we cleared the garden of pesky weeds, Seth and Lucy cruised the drive on their Razors. Seth went so fast that he "made 173 sparks with his brake" to stop and "cracked the driveway". "Dad, I just cracked the driveway!! Just kidding!" Seth is learning how to be super funny like his father.

Eventually a war broke out between the rascals. It was a battle over tree limbs that had fallen from our terminally ill Willow Oak. Someone eventually whacked someone else with a big stick and we decided to come indoors and make them take baths. It was 5:00pm and Dr. Gooch says to me, "You're still in your pajamas."

So what. "I know, I said, you'd think I was lazy. But, I'm not. This outfit is actually evidence that I have been working really hard." I think I'm super funny.

Will you be a guest at the Cottage someday? If you come, I promise to get dressed before noon.

5 comments:

Jenny Dahl said...

Ooh, I must be funny too because when I wear jammies till the end of the day it is surely because I put in a days work too. PJ's are perfect for so many things besides sleeping!

Kurt Knudsen said...

YOU ARE ALL SUPER FUNNY!
And yes!, we will come be a guest. How about May 2010?

Ingrid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann said...

173 sparks? I love it. Thanksgiving, here we come!

The Original Mangums said...

WE WIL BE DELIGHTED TO COME, CAN'T WAIT IN FACT. WE'LL HAVE A DATE AS SOON AS WE CAN.