Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Do you like when I go on and on about what we had for dinner?

Dr. Gooch traveled home solo from the banks. He had one last shift to fill before bringing the rental car and his cute booty back to Durham. With that he managed to stop for some fresh seafood to bring home to his eager family. Swordfish and scallops packed on ice.

I had already planned a pot of red beans and rice for yesterday, but we needed to eat up those fresh gifts of the sea. So, we left the Andouille and frijoles to simmer and fried up some swordfish steaks. Dr. Gooch casually hinted that he "loves Hollandaise sauce on fish" and "do we have any Arugula to put with it?" What the?! This was a first! Dr. Gooch never requests anything. So, how could I not comply? After a quick trip to the Harris Teeter and setting of the fire alarm once, dinner was served.

I give you, Swordfish, seared, served over Arugula with vinaigrette, topped with roasted Romas and finished with a lemony rich Hollandaise. Grapes for dessert and white rice on the side (sorry Red Beans, I had to borrow).

9 comments:

Wesley said...

yummmmmmmm!!!

Ann said...

Why yes, I do in fact! Looks delish!

Ann said...

Yes. Looks so good.

k a t y said...

I don't believe I've ever tried swordfish. Was the Dr. pleased?

sara b said...

YES...I love it.
And you....my friend the foodie.

mmmmm. sounds yum-o

Rebecca said...

That looks great! And I am impressed with Craigs request. And no. I love your food.

Kurt Knudsen said...

No, yes, yes, no, no, yes.

michelle said...

The answer to your question is yes, I do love it when you go on and on about dinner! Yum.

Nicole said...

Yum-O!!!

--Blessings!