Thursday, September 10, 2009

Beef Chicken, Drama, and Hairless


Today, three childish quotes:

SETH:

We don't eat meat often, only in times of winter or famine and when I walk by and smell the roast chicken all in a row at the Costco. After school, as I was picking the juicy meat off the bird in the kitchen, Seth would periodically sneak a bite. Lucy passed through and Seth proceeded to beg her to try it:

"Lucy! (with much force) You've got to try this chicken, it isn't like what we ate last night (the swordfish), it is beef chicken."

What?

LUCY:

As she climb in the back seat at 1pm today, I asked "How was school today?"

"I don't want to talk about it!" (with a grunt)--ever the dramatist.

(Later, she reported optimistically about the painting and hand holding in line for the restroom).

HAZEL:

There are few things my children do "without fail", but Hazel, without fail, is the first one up and climbs in between Dr. Gooch and I to finish her slumber until the other kids wake up. This morning, her Dad got up to shave his stubble.

"Dad, do you have some hair?"
"No, Hazel, I don't"
"We need to go buy you some!"

Ever watching out for others.


6 comments:

Ingrid said...

I LOVE that family pic. You have some amazing little rascals.

Kurt Knudsen said...

so how was Craig's first day at the new work?

k a t y said...

That Hazel is a cutie. Olive is the same bed-crawling-third-child of ours.

So Lucy. So Seth. I love 'em all.

Natalie said...

Hilarious! I love the beef chicken!

Yes, I agree, that family pic is SO cute!

Michelle said...

Your meals sound so good! Can't wait till we are more settled to get into any kind of good cooking mode. We are still on the look out for our snake and the crazy thing is that we have never seen a scorpion and we hear there are a lot out here. As for cockroaches, We've had 6 sitings of the large variety. So gross.

The Original Mangums said...

That's my Hazel! Lucy! Seth! and Avery! What a great picture! Anxious to hear about Dr. G's first day at the new grind oops I mean job! Love to the N.C. Mangums!