Friday, August 07, 2009

Shoes For Six In The Vestibule

My muse eludes me today. Only producing prose.

I commandeered this console from our MONGO analog TV set whose only function is to play flicks for the rascals. Walking in from weeding, this sight makes my heart flutter. There is something about a "put together" foyer that says, settled. That, we are still far from--but we are getting there.

So suddenly both our shoe and laundry load has "hit home" the fact that we are what they call a large family of six. Plus, we ate a whole pineapple at dinner. Six, a nice, even number. After a large black, glass vase full of water and flowers got caught in a Hazel Vs. Seth pillow fight today and shattered and splattered EVERYWHERE---well, it makes me think we should stick to six. But Dr. Gooch is alway like, "let's have more baby more!" And I'm like, "whatevs, dude!"

6 comments:

Kurt Knudsen said...

Now that's a foyer with flair!

Michelle said...

I love to see how people settle into new homes and you do it so well. I don't know if you have the Ikea table, but if you do, don't let your kiddos bang on the table with their silver ware- it ruins the enamel:(

Carol said...

Ahhh...the great debate. Interesting to see how that one works out. You DO make beautiful Goochkins though.

Ann said...

I thought it was the other way around?

Looks lovely Jord.

Jessica said...

And I'm like yeah, more, more, more! If you don't get pregnant again, you'll never have the chance to bear twins! Hah. I love the entry way and can't wait to see all of cc someday.

michelle said...

A great piece of furniture. I need something like that to corral shoes!