Saturday, August 01, 2009

Ruff! Ruff!


I feel like I've been barking orders. I give a lot of orders during the day. A sampling, you ask?

Put your pants back on! Wash your hands! Wipe you mouth! Be quiet! Wipe your bottom! Sit down! Sit down! Sit down! Leave Avery alone! Get in your seat! Buckle up! Sit down! Eat your food! Put your shoes away! Close the door! Close the door! Close the door! Where do our dishes go?! Clean up the crayons! Put away the toys! Don't hit your sister! Stop whining! Eat your food! Say your sorry! Be quiet! Sit down! Run! (across the street) Hop in the bath, now! Close your eyes! Don't splash! Don't drown Avery! Get jammies on! Get jammies on! Get jammies on! Kneel down! Kneel down! Kneel down! (kiss) Get back in bed! Get back in bed! Get back in bed!

Do I give so many orders on a daily basis, that it is easier to bark them like a dog than to *quietly request*? Despite my "animosity", the rascals are thriving. And growing up, even. In fact, the high chair is collecting cobwebs in the garage now. Sad day--in a way.

I never had to bark, even once, "Get out of your high chair!!"

4 comments:

Jessica Womble said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Although I only have one little one it feels like I bark orders too. But you are a great mother and I always love reading your blog. Good luck with everything!

Jessica said...

It's hard to imagine you with a bark! I imagine it is a peaceful bark. I know I tell my baby babes, "just a second, wait a minute" all day long--it bothers ME to hear that all day.

Jennifer said...

I totally relate. I "bark" a lot it seems, too.

michelle said...

When I saw the title of this post, I was afraid you'd gotten a dog!! What a relief.