Saturday, August 08, 2009

Nesting


We had our first visitors to Cicada Cottage this weekend. My sister Katy and her Mr. Dill. They didn't stay with us, which is maybe a good thing since I don't think I've cleaned two out of the three toilets in the house since we moved in three weeks ago. Unless someone else has? Hahahahahahahaha! No, seriously, this is a momentous occasion (the visitors, not the dirty toilets). I was thrilled to give a tour. And gushed over the details of CC and how they won our hearts. I beamed with pride at my sister roaming the "grounds" with her lens capturing our home. As we were all gathered up in the girls room and Mr. Dill flipped through picture books with my girls, he mouthed to me, "This is a really great house."

I was so glad to have the "nod" of approval from family. That they liked it and would love coming here to shout in our halls and slurp soup at our tables. I gave a last ditch effort to finish Seth's room before their arrival, but barely got the tape up. Dr. Gooch caught me and documented the progress. Progress.

I mouthed back, "We really love it. We really love it." And you know what, it feels even better with the people we love inside it.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am so excited to see more photos of you and the Dills! Love the color of Seth's room!

Rebecca said...

your new house is becoming home.

Rebecca said...

said dad.

Jessica said...

I LOVE Seth's green and his rad duvet cover will go perfectly with the colored walls. So happy Katy could visit!

Ann said...

Can't wait to see it in person come November!

michelle said...

That green! Be still, my heart.