Monday, August 17, 2009

Linger Longer


My Dr. Gooch is rounding out his time at one job and looking forward to another. His commute will expand, but so will his contentedness. My only son is entering the grade where I read somewhere that "everything is revealed"-the 1st grade. It's a new-to-him school, he is simultaneously happy and hesitant (as is his mama). We are sending our four-year-old to preschool for four days a week four hours a day (plus a lunch)--a huge leap for little Lucy. With most of my time home with the babies, I will dedicate the start of this new season to getting this body and all its parts in good working order--mind and muscle alike. Of course, as my loved ones "move on" in their own little lives, I will pay special mind to a certain underused part--my lap. And when one happens to break from the race and climb upon it, I will let them linger just as long as they will--even the big, tall doctor.

7 comments:

The Original Mangums said...

So comfy and so necessary! Lookin good!

Kurt Knudsen said...

I want a picture of Craig in your lap!

Jessica said...

What a tender photo--it perfectly captures the sweetness and really, the rarity of cradling our independent little men.

Ann said...

Sweet sentiments. It's true, we need to linger longer.

Rebecca said...

Get that big tall doctor on that lap!

NieNie said...

Oh dear friend, your house is amazing...simply beautiful!

Heather said...

Jordan your post made me weep...I also have a little boy entering first grade, and my heart aches at the thought of him being gone all day long. Life goes on, and we change and adjust I suppose, but I think a mother always longs for those lap cuddles.