Monday, August 10, 2009

Flea Market Find


It's an original Victorian chandelier (holds only candles, no wires). All original iron, wire and glass beads. Only missing a few here and there. The gal (in her 60s) selling it was "not a collector or dealer or anything", she had just been collecting stuff from estate sales to renovate a farmhouse they owned. Then, she lost her job and is now selling the stuff at to the fleas!!

I'm a full-fledged flea! And love my market! This was a beauty that I couldn't pass up. Her home is not yet decided, but will either add ambiance out on the screened porch or give glow in the living room over the castle table. Where would you put this find?

14 comments:

sara b said...

It is a beauty as are you are your sister! That photo of the two of you in the last post is lovely.

I think that chandelier may need to add glow to your loooooong table. It needs to be seen. What a find. Oh, the Flea Markets. love them.

k a t y said...

We found a couple of lovelies while browsing your favorite flea market, also. I love it (the chandelier and the market!)

Ann said...

That is neat! I'd have to make the rounds before I could give a suggestion.

Jessica said...

It seems mated well with the castle table--a true treasure (and NOT treasure with the traysure accent)!

michelle said...

Oh! It's truly amazing! I am in love with the little glass beads...

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful chandelier!

Kurt Knudsen said...

hang it low over the table! They have spare glass beads in Korea if you need some replacements. It is
SPECTACULAR!

Rebecca said...

That is a beauty!

Jen said...

Where is the flea market?

Jessica said...

Psst, I spied a photo of you in your blue dress over at Katy's blog--you looked spectacular! A wonderful color on you.

Tasha said...

I LOVE it! Either place would be fab!

Emily Murdock said...

I love the unorthodox idea of hanging it in a bathroom :)

Carol said...

I saw someone hand a cool chandelier like that over a master bathtub and it looked so inviting. Just a thought... Also, nice to have water nearby any open flames. :)

Jordan said...

Jen, the Flea Market is every Sat and Sun on the State Fair Grounds off Blue Ridge Road in Raleigh.