Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Too Much Family Time


We're coming off a week-long of all together all the time. Dr. Gooch went back to the hospital today to face a new batch of interns--always a day fraught with danger. Never go to an ER at a teaching hospital on July 1st. Just sew yourself up. Best stay at home the whole month, actually.

That's what we'll be doing. No more train museums, music festivals, symphonies, parties, markets...it's down to business here. I'm happy to be relieved of my super duper planning duties for a bit. Putting stuff in boxes and painting scuffs on walls sounds so relaxing. If I can just keep the desk cleared for at least a few hours.

Is there such thing as too much family togetherness?

4 comments:

k a t y said...

hmmmm.
Sunday evening I would say yes. Any other day I would say no!

Rebecca said...

Well, yes. We all need our space, don't we? But from my perspective here: NO!

TX Girl said...

Love the intern comment. I'm certain July is the most "deadly" month in hospitals.

michelle said...

Ha! This is fun to read in reverse chronological order, after seeing your family outings that have occurred since this pronouncement was made...