Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Screened Serene

I think I'll spend my first night with Dr. Gooch in the cottage out on the screen porch. Immerse myself in the sounds of the street and our tree bugs. It is right off the living room near the guest room. I love the bead board ceiling and the mosaic ceramic tile floor. The steps outside lead to the garden paths. Lucy has already staked out a little gazebo as her "princess dam"--not sure why the "dam" part. The rascals are thrilled about the move. Today, Lucy glanced around at our walls (slowly becoming bare) and commented, "Yes, this house is getting older and older. Too old for us now, it's time to move to the new house."

A bonus, that the "new house" has a perfect porch for movie nights with popcorn and lemonade Popsicles.

7 comments:

Kurt Knudsen said...

I'll bring the movie.

Rebecca said...

Is that a screen door? That slams? If so, you bought the right house.

Molly said...

I often can be heard telling Arnie that the only thing I want out of life is a screened-in porch...and a towel warmer.

S. Schuller said...

I am so excited for you and your new home! My dad was born and raised in Jackson, MS and that porch of yours reminds me of my Grandma's house. Can't wait to see pictures of your kids at the new house!

Kemp Kuties said...

Oooh, Jordan, you have to paint the bead-board ceiling "Hullah Blue." It's a great color and has a great story behind it too - keeps away the spirits. Find a old timey local to give you the spiel.

Love your new house! And I love the Carolinas! We miss them tremendously.

~Amanda Brown Kemp

michelle said...

Oh! That porch seals the deal. I think I'm green with envy over that porch...

Jordan said...

Amanda! Know all about Hullah Blue--we spent four years in New Orleans and would count the light blue porch ceilings as we drove by the beautiful southern homes. Love it!!