Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pittsboro, NC

there is something about this town. small, but it lures--always drawing me down the 15-501 across the raging Haw River bridge round the roundabout and up and down it's residential streets where people still sit on the true southern porch. it has a toy store that used to be the town's old telephone building that smells like wood and warmth. across the street we made a particularly meaningful discovery--it's a bookstore--they have maybe two shelves of books, but they sell Brazilian stuff. like Dr. Gooch's favorite addiction: Gaurana soda in the can!

this house is just down the street from the toy store and the local watering hole, On Tap. it was built in 1850 and lives across from the town church. a federal/revival house, it has a couple of out buildings for his and her studios. perfect Pittsboro, thank you for a day out on your town with my rascals Saturday afternoon.






7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Looks charming. Maybe I'll move there.

Rebecca said...

Looks charming. Maybe I'll move there.

Rebecca said...

I don't know why I said it twice. Really, I don't know.

k a t y said...

Good thing, mom, you already have place there!

Ann said...

Yes, looks very charming.

Shawna B. said...

A delightful southern town. I think it's very fitting that it's labeled under "Roadside sweetspots." This IS a sweet spot!

SoCalGal said...

Can't wait!