Monday, June 22, 2009

Hillsborough, NC









Hillsborough is twenty minutes from our place. In its downtown you'll pass homes built before the Revolutionary War--1754 homesteads still standing! Where I-40 and I-85 meet you enter the town just over Eno River. The Historic town boasts its own thriving Farmer's Market, and a Main Street with an artsy flair. Our beloved Maple View Farms resides in its limits as well as some of the most scenic drives around.

Once a year it hosts Hog Day. Saturday, we attended the 27th annual, 2-day event. You can see, there is much more than just pork. Sparkly Motorcycles, Tubs-O-Fun, live bluegrass, BBQ, car show, pony rides...to name a few.

3 comments:

Kurt Knudsen said...

Looks like the kids were in Hog Heaven!

Rebecca said...

Looks like a good place to live! I love Lucy eating!

Tasha said...

Those pictures make me want to move there. Can I live in the girls' closet in the new cottage? I can't believe how old Luce is looking!