Thursday, June 04, 2009

The Cottage



So, a bit of an update.  The house was inspected with flying colors and helped us breath a little sigh of relief.  I mean, she was built in the 50s...anyway, we meet next week with the gate guy to embellish the circular drive and add a little safety to front yard playtime.  Neighbors have already made promises to lend us their teenage babysitters, "certified in First Aid and CPR".   And, as a mother of four young children and a woman madly in love with a certain Dr. Gooch--that promise is as good as gold.  We close mid-July.  Anyone wanna come over for a Pioneer Day Celebration at the Cottage?

15 comments:

k a t y said...

Oooh! Ooooh! Pick me!

BRENTandROBIN said...

We do! Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have permission from my doctor to fly by that point. It's lovely though!

Ann said...

COngratulations! It looks like a beauty.

Dana said...

We've never met but would LOVE to visit your cottage in July! :)

Dana

Kurt Knudsen said...

We will be there--Pioneer Day 2010!

Ingrid said...

We're packing our bags! Seriously! ;)

Rebecca said...

I confused. Where will the gate go. Details, I need details. I will think of you on Pioneer Day, eating pizza and playing Rook.

Kurt Knudsen said...

You know the owner is a true gardener when there is verbena bonariensis growing in the yard--those tiny purple flowers on the long skinny stems.

merathon said...

pioneer day is my favorite holiday! (okay, maybe that's because it's my birthday too, but still...)

glad the wheels are still in motion on the house!

Carol said...

The house is beautiful. Congratulations Jordan!

Ann Dee said...

Yay Jordan. It's beautiful. We just had the house we're buying inspected (also the 50s). Not so flying colors. But some colors. I hope I get to come see yours someday.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! She's a beauty!

The Original Mangums said...

Oh boy! How beautiful. Love the gardens! Wish I could get things to grow like that! We do have fresh green bean, tomatoes, and squash! It is great!

sara said...

Oh, it is utterly, delightfully gorgeous!! So fitting for your family!

E X C I T I N G! Happy Summer!

michelle said...

It looks amazing, Jordan!