Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"The Cape Cod Cottage is solid and cozy"

We're starting with the two "living spaces". The family room and the dining room. Both have a fireplace--wood burning--which were just visited last week by a friendly chimney sweep (I don't know if he/she was friendly, we never met). But the rooms still need some freshening up. We'll be painting these two rooms. Now, which Natura Benjamin Moore gallon 'o color will I choose. I've been waiting for this day. I'm leaning toward whites and greys. There's already quite a bit of color throughout the main floor rooms. Especially the bedrooms and kitchen. I'll be visiting my neighborhood Ace Hardware store this week. I love Ace. Ours sells gorgeous rocking chairs out front and it is next door to Trader Joes. Which means, paint and a snack!

12 comments:

Jessica said...

I love greys!

Suzanne said...

ooh! I am so jealous your neighborhood has a TJs and an ACE! You are indeed fortunate...but not because of those two gems. It's so exciting to see the cottage be transformed into your space. What promise!

Kurt Knudsen said...

can't wait to see it in your color with your accoutrements

Rebecca said...

So fun! Eat a snack for me.

k a t y said...

Let the fun begin!

Michelle said...

I too am doing greys and whites as well as other colors. There are no small hardware stores where we live- not like Buffalo where there was a local hardware every couple miles, how fortunate for you. Can't wait to see what you do with your place!

Ashley Thalman said...

soooooo excited for you.

Ashley Thalman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

I am so happy for you!
It's such a struggle to find a home, the right home.
You did it. :)

The Comeaux Family said...

loving the nooks and details of your new home

shawna b. said...

The cottage is cozy and solid and waiting for YOU!!! Jordan, I am sooo happy for you. Enjoy your painting. You can't go wrong with grey and white, especially with all that terrific molding you have there! The details in your place are stunning.

Ann said...

Can't wait to see it in person!